Neonode’s Contactless Touch Solutions – Optimized for Reducing Viral Transmissions In Public Spaces
In light of the spread of COVID-19 worldwide, governments around the world are instituting guidelines that reduce viral transmissions, from washing hands thoroughly and frequently, to social distancing, and even quarantine. While we are confident that these measures are necessary in the near term, we believe there is a longer-term health benefit of advancing new ways to interact with touchscreens and buttons in public places, as in ticket dispensers, kiosks, vending machines, ATMs and elevators, which can pass pathogens from one user to another.
- Providers of public interaction terminals are invited to explore Neonode's full line of plug-and-play sensor modules to quickly make their product “touchless”.
- Neonode can also offer customized “touchless” solutions for integration into customers’ products.
Neonode’s products and solutions are optimized for reducing viral transmissions in hospitals and other public spaces, by enabling contactless interaction with an invisible sheet of light that detects user inputs. This sheet of light can be placed at a removed distance from a button surface to enable users to select buttons without actually touching anything.
This sheet of light can also be aligned with holographic buttons to enable touch interaction with a projected image of a display. These interfaces eliminate physical contact between the user and the surface, reducing the risk of transmissions.
For more information on these solutions please see the links below.
- Neonode’s white paper: Contactless touch – a safer method for interaction
- Neonode’s press release: Contactless touch for curbing pathogen transmission in hospitals and other public places
- Neonode’s news post: Go germ free with Neonode’s mid-air touch solutions
- Sensortip’s article about Neonode’s contactless solutions: How can you have touchless touch sensing?
- Design World's article about Neonode's contactless solutions: Contactless touch sensing for safer interactions
- Global Construction Review’s article about contactless lift buttons: http://www.globalconstructionreview.com/news/demand-china-surges-no-touch-hologram-buttons/
- Video post at Reddit about contactless lift buttons: https://www.reddit.com/r/BeAmazed/comments/fkgam9/easpeed_a_technology_company_in_china_developed/